Logll Tech News — Minisforum, the renowned manufacturer of Mini PCs, has recently piqued the interest of tech enthusiasts with its exciting announcement on Weibo.
- The company is set to unveil its latest creation, an impressive Mini-ITX PC, which is yet to receive an official name. This new marvel boasts cutting-edge features, including support for 55W AMD Dragon Range “Ryzen 7045” and Intel Raptor Lake “13th Gen” CPUs under the “HX” series. With its compact 6-liter chassis, this Mini-ITX PC is set to revolutionize the world of high-performance computing.
A Stylish Masterpiece
The Minisforum Mini-ITX PC flaunts an elegant design that combines both form and function. The 6-liter chassis is encased in a rectangular body, featuring an eye-catching color scheme. The sides are adorned with a sleek aluminum frame, while the top boasts a classy wooden plate. This blend of materials not only adds to the aesthetics but also ensures durability and efficient heat dissipation, making it a standout piece in the world of Mini PCs.
At the heart of this Mini-ITX powerhouse lies its CPU and motherboard configuration. Unlike its predecessors, which featured H or HS chips, the latest design goes above and beyond with support for the mighty AMD Dragon Range “Ryzen 7045” and Intel Raptor Lake “13th Gen” CPUs under the “HX” series. These high-end chips boast a 55W TDP design, delivering unparalleled performance that outshines traditional mobile SKUs.
Unveil Top-Rated Newest Arrivals: MINISFORUM Mini PC on Amazon
MINISFORUM Neptune Series HX99G Mini PC AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX Barebone Desktop Computer Without RAM and SSD, 2X HDMI & 2X USB4 Quad Outputs, AMD Radeon RX 6600M Discrete Graphics Small PC
MINISFORUM NPB5 Mini PC 13th Gen Core i5-13500H Windows 11 Pro Mini Computer 32GB RAM+1TB SSD, Expandable HDD, HDMI×2+USB4×2 8K@60Hz Outputs, Intel Iris Xe Graphics Eligible Desktop Computer
MINISFORUM Mini PC Windows 11 Pro UM560 XT Barebone with AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 6 Cores/12 Threads Mini Computer, 2.5 inch SATA HDD, 2 X HDMI & USB-C, 2.5G RJ45, 6 X USB Port, Small Form Factor
Unleashing the Dragon Range & Raptor Lake HX
The AMD Dragon Range and Intel Raptor Lake 55W HX series are desktop-grade marvels, sporting similar core configurations. The AMD Ryzen offerings soar up to an impressive 16 cores and 32 threads, with the upcoming Dragon Range X3D variants offering up to a massive 128 MB of cache. On the other hand, the Intel Raptor Lake-HX chips offer 24 cores and 32 threads, and with the upcoming Refresh series, users will have the luxury of choosing from higher clocks and more core configurations. These powerhouses will undoubtedly elevate the computing experience to a whole new level.
Cutting-Edge Motherboard Technology
The Minisforum Mini-ITX PC is built on the backbone of advanced motherboards, which were showcased during the Computex 2023 event in Taipei. These motherboards boast an 8-Phase power delivery, ensuring stable and efficient power distribution. With two DDR5 SO-DIMMs, users can experience up to a staggering 96 GB of memory capacity. Additionally, the inclusion of two M.2 slots and a PCIe Gen 5.0 x16 slot allows for seamless expansion, catering to the demands of modern users.
Unraveling the Features
Let’s take a closer look at the standout features of the Minisforum Mini-ITX PC:
- 6-Liter Chassis Design: A compact, space-saving design without compromising performance.
- Intel Raptor Lake-HX & AMD Dragon Range-HX 55W CPU Support: Embrace the power of high-end processors.
- Up To 16 Core AMD & 24-Core Intel CPU Option: Choose the processing might that suits your needs.
- Dual DDR5 SO-DIMM Supports: Experience lightning-fast memory performance with up to 96 GB capacity.
- Dual M.2 Slots: Enjoy expandable storage options for all your files and data.
- One PCIe 5.0 x16 Slot For dGPU: Elevate your graphics performance with a high-performance discrete GPU.
- Supports SFX PSU: Compatible with SFX power supplies for enhanced power delivery.
- I/O Connectivity: Expect DP/HDMI outputs, several USB ports (including Type-C), Ethernet LAN port, WIFI capabilities, and a 3-channel audio jack.
To ensure optimal cooling efficiency, Minisforum has engineered a single-fan blow-through design for this Mini-ITX PC. This ingenious solution effectively vents air out through the exhaust ports at the back of the chassis, maintaining ideal temperatures even during intense workloads or gaming sessions.
The NUC Replacement
The Minisforum Mini-ITX PC is more than just a tech marvel; it serves as an impressive replacement for Intel’s NUC series, which has been phased out. This next-generation computing wonder promises to deliver performance that surpasses the expectations of even the most discerning users.
- Minisforum is a Chinese company that specializes in making compact and powerful mini PCs for various use cases.
- The company has teased its upcoming Mini-ITX PC that will support high-end 55W AMD Dragon Range and Intel Raptor Lake-HX CPUs, which are expected to launch later this year.
- These CPUs are desktop-grade designs that offer up to 16 cores and 32 threads for AMD and up to 24 cores and 32 threads for Intel, with the AMD X3D variants featuring up to 128 MB of cache and the Intel Refresh series offering higher clocks and more core configurations.
- The Mini-ITX PC will feature a 6-liter chassis with a stylish design that features an aluminum frame on the sides and a wooden plate on the top. It will also support an SFX power supply and a PCIe 5.0 x16 slot for adding a discrete GPU.
- The Mini-ITX PC will be based on the same motherboards that Minisforum displayed at Computex 2023, which feature an 8-phase power delivery, two DDR5 SO-DIMMs that allow for up to 96 GB of memory, two M.2 slots, and a Thunderbolt 4 / USB4 port.
- The Mini-ITX PC will be available in both barebone and pre-configured variants, and users can expect to purchase the machine through Kickstarter campaigns towards the end of this year.
- High-performance CPUs with up to 24 cores and 128 MB of cache
- Compact and stylish chassis with PCIe 5.0 slot for discrete GPU
- DDR5 memory and Thunderbolt 4 / USB4 support
- High power consumption and heat generation from 55W CPUs
- Limited storage options with only two M.2 slots
- Possible high price and availability issues
The Mini-ITX PC boasts support for high-end AMD Dragon Range “Ryzen 7045” and Intel Raptor Lake “13th Gen” CPUs under the “HX” series, with a 55W TDP design.
The motherboard configuration allows for up to an astounding 96 GB of DDR5 SO-DIMM memory capacity.
Yes, the PC comes with a PCIe 5.0 x16 slot, providing users the opportunity to install a high-performance discrete GPU for enhanced graphics capabilities.
The Mini-ITX PC features a compact 6-liter chassis design, perfect for space-conscious users.
Yes, Minisforum will offer both barebone and pre-configured variants of the Mini-ITX PC.
Minisforum has designed an innovative single-fan blow-through cooling system that effectively vents air out through the exhaust ports at the back of the chassis, ensuring optimal performance without overheating.